When it comes to managing your WordPress website, the need to export user data arises in various scenarios.
Whether you’re merging multiple sites, migrating to a new platform, or simply want to streamline your user database, the process of exporting WordPress users can save you valuable time and effort.
In this step-by-step guide, we will explore how to easily export WordPress users and WooCommerce customers using a reliable plugin.
Let’s dive in!
Why Export WordPress Users?
Exporting WordPress users offers a multitude of benefits, making it an indispensable tool for website owners.
Here are some common scenarios where exporting users becomes essential:
- Website Mergers: If you’ve acquired a new WordPress website and wish to consolidate user bases, exporting users helps maintain a seamless transition for your audience.
- Email List and CRM Management: Exporting user data allows you to efficiently move information into new email lists or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Membership and WooCommerce Stores: For membership websites and WooCommerce stores, exporting users facilitates smooth migration to a new platform while preserving customer information.
Now, let’s delve into the process of exporting WordPress users with the help of the “Import and Export Users and Customers” plugin.
How to Export WordPress Users?
Follow the below steps to export WordPress users;
Step 1: Install the Required Plugin
Before we begin, ensure you have the “Import and Export Users and Customers” plugin installed and activated on your WordPress website.
If not, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your WordPress admin area.
- Go to “Plugins” and click on “Add New.”
- Search for “Import and Export Users and Customers” in the plugin repository.
- Click “Install Now” and then “Activate” the plugin.
Step 2: Access the Plugin Export Page
Once the plugin is active, locate “Tools” on the WordPress dashboard and click on “Import and export users and customers.” You will be directed to the plugin’s settings page, where you’ll find an “Export” tab.
Step 3: Choose Users to Export
In the “Export” tab, you can filter users based on specific criteria.
You have the following options:
- User Roles: Select the user role you want to export, such as customers, subscribers, commenters, etc.
- Date Range: Filter users by their registration date using the “User created” field.
Step 4: Generate the Export File
Once you’ve set your export preferences, click on the “Download” button. The plugin will create a CSV file containing all the user information based on your selections.
How to Import WordPress Users?
Now that you have the CSV file containing user data, you can effortlessly import it into another WordPress website. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Install and Access the Plugin
- Install the “Import and Export Users and Customers” plugin on the new website.
- Access the plugin settings through “Tools” in the WordPress admin area and click on the “Import” tab.
Step 2: Upload the CSV File
On the “Import” tab, click on the “Choose file” button and select the CSV file you downloaded earlier.
Exporting WordPress users is a valuable skill that empowers website owners to manage their user databases efficiently.
Whether you’re merging sites or moving to a new platform, the “Import and Export Users and Customers” plugin simplifies the process, saving you time and effort.
Remember to handle user data with care and always back up your website before making any significant changes.